Can't see this email? View in Browser
Upcoming District 11 Community Action Team Meetings: Job and Worker Rights, Affordable Housing, or Youth Empowerment!
On Saturday September 26th, Communities United for Health and Justice (CUHJ)*, held a successful People’s Summit were people who live and work in District 11 came together to weigh in on a community vision and set of priorities for the future of the district. We emerged from the Summit united and filled with bold, inspiring action ideas. Three Action Teams came out of
the Summit and each will be holding its first open community meeting this month.
If you live, attend school, or work in the Excelsior, Mission Terrace, Outer Mission, OMI (Ocean View/Merced Heights/Ingleside), Cayuga Terrace, or Crocker Amazon neighborhoods, please join us at one or more of these Action Team meetings where together we will deepen our understanding of the issues affecting our community and build an issue and policy platform for District 11.
* CUHJ is a collaborative made up of the staff and members of Coleman Advocates for Children and Youth, Bernal Heights Neighborhood Center, Chinese for Affirmative Action, Filipino Community Center, and PODER.
Jobs & Workers Rights
Thursday, October 15th 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Excelsior Senior Center 4468 Mission Street
Monday, October 19th 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Filipino Community Center 4681 Mission Street
Wednesday, October 21st 3:30 – 5:30 pm
Coleman Advocates Community Center 459 Vienna Street
* District 11 has the largest population of youth of any district in San Francisco. Yet, young people have minimal voice in the systems and structures that exists to support them. The Youth Empowerment Action Team will be an opportunity for young people to share their concerns, needs, and vision for change and ensure that youth voices are prioritized in the District 11 community and policy decisions that affect us.
For more information and to RSVP, contact: Lily at email@example.com for Chinese & English; Charlie at firstname.lastname@example.org for Spanish & English; and Mario at Mario@filipinocc.org for Tagalog & English. For information about the Youth Empowerment Action Team, contact Kevine at email@example.com.
Click here for childcare reservations and to download flyers in multiple languages.
Click here for full list of workshops, including those facilitated by Coleman staff and parent leaders, planned for the day.
Click here for more info and to RSVP on the Facebook event page
Thinking about doing some of your holiday shopping online? Sign up for Amazon Smile and benefit Coleman Advocates with every Amazon purchase!
Amazon is offering AmazonSmile, a simple, no cost way to support Coleman’s vital programs and services. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same prices and selection as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to Coleman.
- Go to smile.amazon.com
- Enter your regular Amazon log-in info
- In the field where it says “Pick your own charitable organization”, select “Coleman Children and Youth Services” (the name on our legal docs) as your beneficiary
- As soon as you select Coleman as your beneficiary, it will give you the option of downloading the AmazonSmile 1-button – a quick and easy bookmark for your browser of choice!